The Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of New Jersey (RPCV - NJ) is the state ’s official organization for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs). It is an affiliate of the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) and a member of the Center for Nonprofits in New Jersey.
RPCV - NJ’s Mission
The Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of New Jersey, Inc. , a non-profit organization comprised of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and former Peace Corps Staff as well as other individuals who promote the ideals of the United States Peace Corps, is established to:
- Support the Peace Corps’ mission as well as that of the National Peace Corps Association,
- Promote cultural understanding and awareness of international issues,
- Encourage individuals to join the Peace Corps,
- Support active and recently returned volunteers,
- Create and support a social network for returned volunteers, and
- Facilitate collaboration and volunteerism with organizations with similar goals.
What We Do
RPCV - NJ has committees set up to address certain needs and to organize various activities.
Advocacy Assist with communication to legislators to get support for Peace Corps related bills.
Fundraising Raise funds for the organization, most of which supports PCV/RPCV projects.
Membership Works to find and connect with returned volunteers in NJ
Newsletter Provide s information to RPCVs abo ut upcoming events along with reviews afterwards
Outreach Activities are conducted that are consistent with Peace Corps’ Third Goal to educate the public about other countries and cultures. Also, those interested in/invited to participate in the Peace Corp s are included in RPCV - NJ events to help prepare them for service and assimilate when they return.
Project Support Grants are awarded to PCVs through Peace Corps Partnership Project (primarily for project led by PCVs from NJ) and projects that NJ RPCVs are involved in.
Public Relations Works to make the public aware of the Peace Corps, RPCV - NJ and related activities.
Service/Volunteer Service activities are organized that address issues related to the environment, immigrants/refugees and helping in the comm unity.
Social Coordination of events for RPCVs and prospective PCVs and family members to get together. Picnics, international dining, outdoor concerts and hikes are examples of our activities.
Website/Technology Provide s information about the organization and RPCV community online.
If you are interested in serving on a committee or would consider serving on the Board of Directors, Please contact RPCV - NJ at email@example.com
Stay in Touch
- Sign up from our newsletter page to get our quarterly newsletters in addition to weekly/biweekly updates on upcoming activities and calls to action.
- Follow and like our official Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of New Jersey Facebook page.
- Check out our website for more information about RPCV - NJ
- Follow RPCV - NJ on Instagram@rpcvnj
Join NPCA. Joining is free and you will be kept informed of National Pea ce Corps Association happenings. Through that link, y ou can add membership to RPCV - NJ as well as other affiliate groups ( your County of Servic e group or a gro up for a certain causes etc . )